Easy Installation, using large panels
Heavy Duty T bar can span larger areas, without hangers
Can be walkable if designed for the weight.
Gasketed T Bar
- First Cost
- Wire Hung System is easy to Install
- Does not always seal 100%, suitable for use to ISO Class 6
- Not easily relocated
Gel Seal T Bar
The advantage is the absolute Seal of the Filters, Lights and Panels
Labour intensive to install and difficult to modify.
The advantage is drywall is a common material, and installers are available almost anywhere.
- Installation is multi-stage, involving the stud system, installation of the Drywall, taping and sanding, and a two-part epoxy paint.
- Dust particles are hard to Cleanup after construction.
- Drywall is easily damaged exposing the drywall.
- Material shrinkage is common requiring maintenance.
- Can be prone to moisture damage, and possibly mold if the water is left on the Drywall